Followers (I'd love to have you join)

Follow by Email for Crafty Inspiration Updates

Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Cricut Circle Blog Weekly Challange Entery

Hi All! Long time no post, But I am back in action!!!

Here is my entry for the Circut Circle Blog Weekly challenge.


It was: Weekly Challenge #2: THINK PINK!
Use Pink, Ruffles, Scallops, Flourishes, Glitter and Jewels ( incorporate any 3 on your project)
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month we wanted to do an ultra girly challenge to celebrate the strength of girls. Create a project of your choice (card, scrapbook page, home decor project, . . . the sky’s the limit!). Project must be newly created for this challenge and must include atleast 2 cuts to qualify. This challenge is open to Cricut Circle Members only. Submit your entry using the InLinkz tool found at the bottom of this post. You must submit a project to be entered into the drawing. Entries are due by 11:59 pm MST on Thursday, October 14th, 2010.

While my layout is not Pink, it does have flowers/flourish, glitter, jewels, scallops & ruffled ribbon. That’s fairly girly wouldn’t you say?

Anyways – this is a page I created today for the challenge – although we got our dog 5 years ago – I am, however slowly, working on my Album for 2005 - UUUUAAAGGGGGHH!!!!

I used the following cartridges:
A Child’s Year - for the frames, silhouette of dog & boy, & for the scalloped nameplate
Plantin Schoolbook – for the lettering
Create-A-Critter – for the words “Ruff Ruff” and the dog bowl
And I am so excited to say I also used the Imagine cartridge Best Friends – for the large checkered background pattern and elegant shape!

Other supplies:
Patterned paw print paper - sorry don’t know where I got it
Open Card stock in white, black, & red
Red ruffled Ribbon
Red cord (on Collar)
Jewels – one clear and 3 red (one collar & center of flowers)
One silver brad
Flowers – black & white ones are Making Memories brand & the three white layered on top are from a forgotten supply
Also, I used my white opaque pen and my crystal glitter pen
Adhesives – Glue Dots, Scotch scrapbooking, Xyron, and my pink Herma Vario EK tab runner

HOPE YOU ENJOY!

I have a LOT of summer/fall posts I’ll be adding in November so check back then!

As always, Happy Scrapen’ & God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome. This is a family friendly sight so please keep that in mind when posting. Thanks, God bless and happy browsing.