Followers (I'd love to have you join)

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Tri-Fold or Shutter Card

Okay friends, followers, and Cricut folks…


I know it has been a long time since I posted, but life happens in-between my crafting and sometimes blogging is the last thing I do. I rather craft and have fun with the family, but do enjoy posting my creations. I wish I could get a job crafting so I could get paid for what I love doing. But…maybe if it were a job, I would not love it so much. Enough of my rambling and on to the creations!

First I have a card I made for my sister-in-law last November. It is one of those Tri-Fold or “shutter” cards. It was fun and easy to make. I found several tutorial videos on the net. Just do a search and pick one. I did my first card from a class I took at the CK scrapbooking convention in San Marcus last year – That was so much fun!

Basically you take a 6 x 12 (or 5 ½ X 12 ) sheet of card stock and score it at 2”, 4” 8” & 10” . Then you cut from the 2 inch score line to the 10 inch score (at 1 ½ inches in on each long side). Then play with it a little bit and fold to your liking. I used my Cricut for the wording (the file got corrupted so I do not know which cart it was sorry). I used some Cricut patterned papers from their 6 X 12 stacks and the stripped glitter paper is from My Minds Eye the Penny Lane Stack of glitter papers (beautiful paper). I added some flowers with a brad and a butterfly (have no idea where the butterfly came from, I bought it an a bag of crafts form a garage sale).
 


It says, “So you are 29”, “Again”, “Happy Birthday”. Happy Birthday is cut from the Zooballoo cart.


I think I am going to make a buch of card bases like this and have them ready when I need a late minute card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome. This is a family friendly sight so please keep that in mind when posting. Thanks, God bless and happy browsing.