Followers (I'd love to have you join)

Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Cricut Circle Blog Weekly Challange Entery

Hi All! Long time no post, But I am back in action!!!

Here is my entry for the Circut Circle Blog Weekly challenge.


It was: Weekly Challenge #2: THINK PINK!
Use Pink, Ruffles, Scallops, Flourishes, Glitter and Jewels ( incorporate any 3 on your project)
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month we wanted to do an ultra girly challenge to celebrate the strength of girls. Create a project of your choice (card, scrapbook page, home decor project, . . . the sky’s the limit!). Project must be newly created for this challenge and must include atleast 2 cuts to qualify. This challenge is open to Cricut Circle Members only. Submit your entry using the InLinkz tool found at the bottom of this post. You must submit a project to be entered into the drawing. Entries are due by 11:59 pm MST on Thursday, October 14th, 2010.

While my layout is not Pink, it does have flowers/flourish, glitter, jewels, scallops & ruffled ribbon. That’s fairly girly wouldn’t you say?

Anyways – this is a page I created today for the challenge – although we got our dog 5 years ago – I am, however slowly, working on my Album for 2005 - UUUUAAAGGGGGHH!!!!

I used the following cartridges:
A Child’s Year - for the frames, silhouette of dog & boy, & for the scalloped nameplate
Plantin Schoolbook – for the lettering
Create-A-Critter – for the words “Ruff Ruff” and the dog bowl
And I am so excited to say I also used the Imagine cartridge Best Friends – for the large checkered background pattern and elegant shape!

Other supplies:
Patterned paw print paper - sorry don’t know where I got it
Open Card stock in white, black, & red
Red ruffled Ribbon
Red cord (on Collar)
Jewels – one clear and 3 red (one collar & center of flowers)
One silver brad
Flowers – black & white ones are Making Memories brand & the three white layered on top are from a forgotten supply
Also, I used my white opaque pen and my crystal glitter pen
Adhesives – Glue Dots, Scotch scrapbooking, Xyron, and my pink Herma Vario EK tab runner

HOPE YOU ENJOY!

I have a LOT of summer/fall posts I’ll be adding in November so check back then!

As always, Happy Scrapen’ & God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome. This is a family friendly sight so please keep that in mind when posting. Thanks, God bless and happy browsing.