Followers (I'd love to have you join)

Monday, April 2, 2012

HOPPY BIRTHDAY EASTER BANNER


I love making banners.  So fun and easy, and I figured some things out by trial and error along the way.  Try it out and let me know what you think.  I’d love to hear comments if my info is helpful for you at all.

The first banner I made was for my son; his birthday is close to  Easter every so often so last year I made a banner that says “Hoppy Birthday” and is Easter teamed.  I printed all the patterned papers with my Imagine and cut most of the solids with regular card stock on my expression.  I used Nursery Tails for the patterns, Hello Kitty Font for the letters and bunny images from Nursery Tails and Create A Critter. I added a few balloons and party hats to the bunny’s (also from Create A Critter).

Now,  let’s talk about accordion medallions.  These look so cool I just had to try them out.
First, I scored an entire 12X12 sheet at ¼ intervals.  Then I cut them in to 1 ½ inch strips.  (This only took 3 sheets of blue card stock for 23 medallions at 8 per sheet). 
TIP 1:  Next time I would cut them at 2 inch per strip- it makes for a smaller center opening on the medallions that is much easier to work with when hot gluing them in position.  It only would have cost me one more piece of paper and a lot less frustration. 
 







Next, I folded them accordion style – easy-peasy.  I used glue dots to put the ends together – still easy.  The hard part was getting the accordion medallion to lay flat and stay stuck to the banner.  


TIP 2: in hindsight – USE a GLUE GUN.  That and wider strips would have been so much easier.  I was so frustrated with them I said I wouldn’t make them again, until I remembered my glue gun.  Also, you can see I strong this entire banner on one LONG ribbon – uhgg. 


TIP 3: Tie with individual ribbons between each pinafore, not one long one. 


Pinafores: I positioned the cut files two to a page (one up, one down) and used coordinating patterns from Nursery Tails Imagine cartridge to fill them in.  I stacked them all up and used my Crop-a-Dile to punch holes through the entire sack on the top two corners to run the ribbon through.

Hope you enjoyed my banner.  God Bless & Happy Scrapin'

2 comments:

  1. Darling! And I'm sure your son loved it with the Spring-y colors and bunny. Pretty impressive for your first time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, I remember these in school ( many years ago ) but mine would bow when I glued them together.

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome. This is a family friendly sight so please keep that in mind when posting. Thanks, God bless and happy browsing.